Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Cocoon

I glance at the watch
It is 4:30
I slowly turn to look out the window
It is dawn
The night slowly turning to day
Dark clouds depart to make way for the light
Colors of the sky change
With every other ray of fresh morning sunlight touching the clouds
Hear the birds chirp and greet the new day
Their songs increase in intensity
Faint imaginations of a red cocotil calling to win the female float in my drowsy head
I imagine him competing against another cocotil whose eyes aim for the same female
But probably the man knows his feelings are real and is relentless
Nevertheless i am not worried for i know for certain
True love always wins
But as the day creeps in
And the arms of clock move forward
I wish i could push time behind
But no
But yes
I lay down and wrap my comforter around me like a cocoon around a caterpiller
I close my eyes and am ready to bid goodbye for a good morning nap
I wish i could stay up to watch this morning glory and pen it down
However i need sleep
It is morning
And it is time for me to go to bed
Good morning to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment